Old 07-31-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
TheLizardFish
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default 2nd BES setup with BES 5.0

Please Login to Remove!

I’m currently running BES 5.0 for Exchange with 2 BES boxes sharing the same SRP in High Availability mode. BES01 is the primary and BES02 is set as the standby with failover. It’s possible the number of BlackBerry user accounts will exceed 2000 with the company I support. My question is this is the install of BES03 (set as primary) and BES04 (set as standby) basically the same install process as my first setup? Both will be sharing the same SQL 2005 database as BES01 and BES02 and I also understand that BES03 and BES04 will also share an SRP thats different from 01 and 02. Is BES03 and 04 even needed with more than 2000 users?

With this setup already in my test environment, when I log into BES03 and run the BlackBerry Administration Service this server does not show up under the high available BES. I only see BES01 listed. Should I even see BES03? During the setup of BES03 there was an option for pooling, but BES01 was listed and the option to change was greyed out.

I'm not sure if this is related, but my web link for the BlackBerry Administration Service now points to the BES02 standby box that does allow access to make changes to the BES, but this may be this way because I tested the failover from the primary BES01 box to BES02. I put BES01 back as the primary, but I think my web links now all go to BES02. I'm not sure if this is an issue or not. I'm just thinking it may be confusing to the other admins if the web link starts as bes01 then after failover switches to Bes02.
Offline   Reply With Quote