View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 09:27 AM   #45
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

ALL these phones are marketed & targeted at different groups, yet ONLY the BlackBerry has the infrastructure & network support to go worldwide for consumers and corporate users here & abroad.

First a clarification on a post made by BryanHarig
Quote:
the best mobile web browsing anywhere
* Sorry you're wrong on this. I'm an cellphone crazy guru. Java support is lacking on the iPHone, and although they started the webkit browser movement & community, they are LACKING in its development and usage. Nokia's implementation of webkit will soon, if not already, have Flash Lite3 - to my knowledge the iPhone doesn't have FlashLite2 even. Many sites will render as this'll be part of the OS & also implemented into the webkit by Nokia on their S60 platform. (sorry to bring a non-topic platform into the discussion but its relevant for this post).

UNLESS! I'll express this vehemently too here. UNLESS Windows Mobile System Center Mobile Device Manager (where on EARTH was their marketing team on its naming) debuts & supports the iPhone for all the features it offers (MSCMDM) then the iphone will not take too many (significant numbers) BlackBerry users (Consumers most likely, some corporate users that are retiring, or no longer with the company nor going to another that uses BES/BB's) away from RIM.

This new Bold also offers a much coveted Divx Codec - which QuickTime on the desktop is supposed to support, as well as an OS X plugin, yet iPhone 2.0 doesn't even mention it (reports on the web).

RIM also has a better camera this time around, STILL with LED. I have yet to see iPhone users showing off pictures taken from the iphone (a HUGE miss on Apple's part). Also has anyone here ever tried to load a picture taken on their cellphone to FaceBook?!! Without having RIM's Facebook app on the blackberry its NOT EASY nor intuitive, EVEN on FaceBooks mobile site I cannot do it on my K850i and it takes GREAT photos versus the Curve/Pearl 2/iPhone. However, I'm more curious to see how this new camera on the Bold takes videos, looks like it'll be smoother and larger than what my K850i can take. THIS alone will move me from the SE multimedia phone.

My ONLY wish, my ONLY wish for this BOLD to have, or not is that VERISIGN implementation. I cannot STAND it! I want to be able to REMOVE IT! I had a BAD enough experience on the Pearl 8100 with a wired headset in the wind while trying to listen to music - something I LOVE to do with phones lately - that since I no longer needed the Pearl (training/learning) I dumped it in a hot minute! I didn't WANT to but that one issue alone was enough. NOTHING comes between me and my music, NOTHING not even my wife.

I think the BlackBerry marketshare will significantly increase. When users begin to try to input large amounts of data on the iPhone 3G, they'll realize that its much slower. Most will not even care because they're not phone geeks. Applications will still be much lower, but more consumer focused - this is where developers for RIM should focus on improving offerings, not just for corporate enhancements.

Xperia is beautiful! However, if SE cannot speed up the GUI interactions - faster than what the new HTC Diamond can do (its slow too) before launch this fall/winter; then users will consider HTC alternatives at a much cheaper price. Apps will be able to transfer over as BOTH are WMPro type units, the majority of WM sales.

SE has a GREAT nack for having THE BEST Java VM implementation - on the consumer space; I'm just hoping RIM uses MIDP 3.0 THEN we'll ALL be screaming for more RAM yet again ;) and for good reason as well. They've already approved its proposed implementations thus far.