View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
Frank308

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Don't Know
Default What Repair parts

Please Login to Remove!

My 8830 World Edition has taken quite a few bumps lately and needs some repairs. It was recently dropped while charging so that the charge plug seems broken and won't show the phone as being plugged in (getting around this with my spare batteries and external charger). After this it was dropped in a dog bowl causing the microphone to become extremely quite and the trackball to not "select". When talking on the phone people generally say they can't hear me well anymore, that I'm very quite, and that I cut out frequently. The trackball still moves teh cursor but when pressed will not cause the berry to select except ocastionally when pressed extremely hard. Ohh and also my external mic port is broken.

I'm thinking that if I grab a replacement keyboard PCB like the one from truesupplier.com.
Then I would have the speaker working again and if I'm lucky the trackball. I don't really care about the other broken bits. How hard would this be to replace? My reason for replacement rather than new phone is to save money/not have to go through setting up another phone.

Thoughts?
Offline   Reply With Quote