View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Critical Replies On BST Forum...Why?

Please Login to Remove!

The last two times I have posted on the Buy, Sell & Trade forum I have had members here and even a moderator post replies critisizing my deal, and even call me a liar. So, basically before I even get any PM's from prospective buyers/traders...I have to defend myself openly on a public forum. Why is this?

I am not alone. I have read replies to many members BST posts that have had the same treatment.

On other mobile phone specific forums that I'm an active member on, members are not allowed to post replies to the posts on the BST forums. They must reply to the OP via PM, and this keeps everything clean and private, as I feel it should be. If a moderator feels the post is a scam...he/she has the right to contact the member and confront them regarding the legitmacy of the post. Then, the mod has the option of deleting the thread and alerting the membership of a possible fraud. This seems to me like a much more fair way of doing things...and does not allow a moderator that has a heavy hand to voice his opinion publicly thereby tainting the transaction.

I'm not telling anybody how to run anything. This forum is yours and not mine. But, I've been here a while and have gleaned lots of information here. But I feel like there needs to be a change in the way members are treated on the BST forum. As it is, I'll never use that particular forum here for buying or selling devices.
Offline   Reply With Quote