View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
Will the VVM option be available via their web site tomorrow or will I have to call support.
Not sure. I expect it will be available online at some point, just not sure if it will be tomorrow. Calling customer services wasn't too bad once I told her what code to search for, but I admit that I first tried to provision it myself online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
Wirelessly posted (bold 9000)

Is it any better than fusion voicemail plus? I'm running that now but the sound quality is great.
No idea. I have never used the other visual voicemail options available on the BlackBerry because I have been waiting for the "official" one. All I can say is that this one looks like the e-mail client on the BlackBerry, listing your voicemails with message duration and Caller ID information instead of subject and sender information for e-mail messages.

I can set my voice prompt to be either standard or personalized, and I can record and review the personalized greeting. I can set a few options such as:
  • Auto Download Messages
  • Allow Data Connection While Roaming
  • Confirm Delete

I can also set my voicemail password via the application.

Lastly, I can save the voicemail messages to my memory card, save them in my saved messages list, or forward them as MMS or e-mail attachments. I can also reply to the voicemail as SMS, MMS, or e-mail, although I assume this would require the Caller ID to be stored as a contact in your address book.

All in all, it works well, does exactly what I had hoped, and is free. Perfect.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Offline   Reply With Quote