View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
Smits

Model: 7520
Default BES problem or Exchange 2000 problem?

Please Login to Remove!

I have an ongoing problem with one user. He just stops getting e-mails.
When this happens we can send him a pin to pin message successfully.
He has digital service NXTL.
On the BES Last fwd time stops to update while Last sent time and Contact time continues to update, he has no messages pending and his message count also stops (even though I send him several test messages from Outlook)
I have seen his Last fwd time and Last sent time have a up to a 4 hour gap.
Rebooting the BES server sometimes corrects the problem immediately but to re-boot the server for one user is not the path we want to go down. The user has heard that rebooting the server corrects his problem and now he calls when he doesn’t receive e-mails for 15 minutes.
No other users are having the same problem.
We have swapped the BB unit out for a new 7520 and triple checked the configuration and software. He is setup exactly like all of our other 50 users with the same 7520.
His account has been removed and re-added to the BES several times followed by a wireless activation.
A couple of times after removing the account we activated from the BES server with no improvement.
I am leaning towards a problem with his Exchange mailbox (Exchange 2000) but this is not my area of expertise.
With everything we have done I think we have eliminated everything but Exchange.
Did we miss something?
Any ideas would be appreciated?