View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 08:37 PM   #4
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8xxx
Carrier: T-Mobile, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmember
sempai, "push" email delivery to symbiam devices could have been achieved even earlier through 3rd party apps. So just because someone could do push email doesn't make blackberry solution go away just like iPods are not going away because you can play music on a cell phone.

And by the way this topic should have been somewhere else I would think. Why is it "Rumor Mill"?
Because SP2 isn't out yet?

And yes, several offerings outside the US and Canada existed for Symbian to do push/push-like email. Problem is, they've been absent from the US market. In fact, a few of them refuse you service if you're in the United States! I believe it was "Duality" or "Smartner" that I had to tell them I lived in France.

At any rate, the iPod experience is vastly superior to any other portable music player. Are you saying that the experience on a BlackBerry is worth a premium?

I don't know that it is - the devices themselves are un-inspired and don't provide you with nearly as many features as other devices - are people going to go pay a premium for that?