View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 07:20 AM   #96
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon

ever since Gmail added IMAP...everyone seems to think that their BB will start acting like a mail client. before people whine about not having client functionality on their Blackberry....they need to first understand the functionality of the Blackberry itself. THink of it more as a 2-way pager...and BIS sends you the pages (emails etc). while this is obviously an over simplified explanation, this concept is what RIM was founded on. their very first devices were 2 way pagers pretty much. when PDA/Smartphones came around, they had the capability to run an email program such as Outlook so it can be more like their desktop. there are pro's and cons in each... but if you are a Blackberry user...please stop asking:

"since Gmail is IMAP...will I see all of my folders and will it give me access to all of my emails, even read ones, even deleted ones...will i have a folder/label system like in Thunderbird when I set up Gmail IMAP on that?"

Blackberry is a solid device and does what it does better than any other device.

peace
Offline   Reply With Quote