View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
ncage1974

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Google Voice App on BB (verizon) ?

Please Login to Remove!

Guys / Gals just got my blackberry tour today and am loving it. One of the first things i did was to download the google voice app and i'm trying to figure it all out and have some questions for you (i'm sure a lot of use use it):

1) When you call out with google voice does it use your voice minutes?
I know when you use the google voice website (not the app) to call someone. It will actually call you first and then dial the number asked google voice to call. The app works differently. It immediately dials the number.

2) I notice when i receive when i receive a SMS through my google voice number it will actually put the SMS message in my blackberry SMS app. Whats wierd is i have to refresh the google voice app i have running in the background manually but i don't for the blackberry sms app...which is wierd. I don't know how this routing is working...but every time i receive a sms through google voice am i being charged a SMS through verizon...i'm almost sure i'm not being charged to send though.

3) Google voice has this cool feature that when it transcribes your voice mails it will also send a SMS text of the transcription to your cell. Again i don't know how to routing is working. Am i being charged a SMS fee through verizon?

4) Do all the active phones ring when someone calls you. I can't test this out now ;). What would be ideal if it could ring my home number so many times and then if no one answers try my cell.....and if no one answers then voice mail would pick up. Is this possible?

thanks,
Ncage
Offline   Reply With Quote