Old 07-03-2007, 03:15 PM   #1
sahellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: Hole
Carrier: The New AT&T
Default My 8100 LED Mod

Please Login to Remove!

I know y'all have seen all the Sharpie mods but I did something a little different.
I used gels. Now for those of you who are not into lighting, those are the things that give you the different colors on the stage of you favorite rock concert. I went to my local music store and bought a pack for 5 bucks. Which is cheaper than a pack of Sharpies. I cut out 4 strips, one of each color and voila instant colored LED's.
Now the reason I say to use gels is, what if you feel like changing colors. Well you have to get out the denatured alcohol and hope nothing gets messed up in the process. With these just remove the tiny pieces of tape and add new color. Here is the finished product. I'll take some pics of the inside later. I did the mod first to make sure it would look ok.
I used one of each color. Green, Blue, Red, Yellow. I also put tiny pieces on the trackball led's to try to make the color more vivid. I don't think it worked as well as I would have liked on the trackball but 'c'est la vie'. I also use colorball on custom with all colors lit up.

Enjoy

Added 2 pics of the inside so you can see the gel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	8531   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	8532   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	8533   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	8537   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	8538  

Last edited by sahellis; 07-03-2007 at 06:47 PM..