View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #6
kirson
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Does option no.1 posted by dyzs actually work? Over the years, since this issue first cropped up with one of the later releases of OS3.7.1, it has not been possible to map birthdays and anniversaries to the user defined fields (humorous note below). I have always tried dragging the birthday field UP ONTO the user defined field. Since I haven't yet escaped from the dark side (still using my much hated Treo650) I can't check this out myself - is it actually possible to drag the user defined field DOWN ONTO the birthday field? This would be a fantastic result, though I must admit I am very skeptical.

Humorous note: in the Blackberry literature for the 7100t, one of the selling points to the masses was that you could sync contacts - and they specifically mentioned that you could even map such events as birthdays and anniversaries to the user defined fields. This was the only example given of using the user defined fields...also turns out those are the only two fields that could not be mapped. Well, it seemed kind of humorous to me...

Ian
Offline   Reply With Quote