Old 10-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #80
Hauser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatMan View Post
I just got the new White 32GB Apple iPhone 3GS and the screen is MUCH more responsive and quick then the 1st Generation iPhones I once had. It seems at this point it may last, or at least last longer then the originals did after they were used awhile. MUCH better than ALL the other touch screen devices out there in the market.
I had the same reaction, as a platform (hardware and software) the iPhone has come incredibly far in a very short time, and by implementing features like copy/paste, MMS, voice dialing, Exchange support, push email (for certain accounts like MobileMe and Gmail) etc., Apple has really invalidated a lot of the iPhone's early criticism.

Apple is clearly working on bringing BES-style functionality to the device starting with individuals (MobileMe) and households/small businesses (OS X Server), it will be interesting to see if they pursue the strategy upwards into the enterprise with a full-on BES competitor. Meanwhile RIM seems content to roll out device after device in every possible form factor while letting their software platform languish; 5.0 is hardly an earthshaking update and is still not here after all this time.

Very frustrating!
Offline   Reply With Quote