View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
G22inSC

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default help me decide...BB or iPhone

Please Login to Remove!

I am new to the smartphones and will be switching from a standard "flip phone." I like both the iPhone 3G and the BB 8900; however, I can't decide which to go with. I really like the availability of certain free iPhone apps (the weather channel app, directv app, etc.) that I do not believe are available for the BB. Can anyone correct or affirm availability for the BB? Can apps be downloaded to a computer first and then transferred to the BB (so you could purchase the app once and use it between phones if you happen to upgrade)?

I am not sure I would like the constant touch screen on the iPhone. I believe I would prefer the QWERTY keyboard on the BB, but on the other hand, the full screen would be nice for surfing the web. I really want the internet to look like the internet (not a altered version) no matter which phone is being used. I am sure the iPhone is a true representation, but I am not sure about the BB 8900. I think it shows the true internet but I am not positive.

I will use this phone for work (LE use) and want to be able to track cases, reminders for court, etc. I seem to think the BB's are geared more towards this type of use than the iPhone. Is that correct?

Sorry for all the questions. I live in a small town with cell stores that don't really know what they are talking about. I can't even purchase the iPhone locally. I will have to make a trip a few towns over to find a store big enough to carry the iPhone (unless I went the net route). Thanks in advanced for any help you'll can provide.
Offline   Reply With Quote