View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #7
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW
Default How many?

I don't think I've paid for any of my Blackberry apps. Almost every major iPhone app is already on Blackberry or will come to the Blackberry. iPhone does not have any exclusive agreements in place. Considering how mobility is rapidly growing why would any developer limit the audience to use their app.

How many apps do you need on a mobile device? My storm has the following and I don't know how many more I would truely use:

Facebook
AOL AIM
Youtube
Worldmate Live
Beyond411
Nobex Radio Companion
Xberry Live!
SitorSquat
TeleNav
Documents to Go Premiem
Viigo

Most Blackberry apps are very small in nature so you could fit a bunch of apps and only use 100mb space.

A HUGE advantage Blackberry has over iPhone is that you can run multiple applications at once. I usually have Facebook, AOL running and I'm doing email. iPhone it's open this app, close, open another app - opps have to go back and see if I got a email reply. Very cumbersome and a whole lot of swiping. The weeks I dedicated to using the iPhone to test it for Exchange functionality I likely had the strongest fingers. It was like finger olympics!

I will admit Blackberry will never likely have the amount of apps the AppStore has. But I look through it and most is truely throw away fun stuff. I'm not interested in gaming on my Blackberry - I have a xbox360, Wii and DS to meet those needs. And frankly I don't even use my iPhone or Storm for media playback. I still have a free Zune from a Microsoft conference and it's loaded with 30gb of music. I guess in a "I wish I could consolidate all my devices" vision I would use one device for all things but I'm fine with how I utilize the technologies I have already.
Offline   Reply With Quote