avwh

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathusulah View Post
Hi All

This is just a query - or a warning.

I have a Pearl 8100 - or did till this morning - the keypad died, and I couldn't get it working so took it back to the shop - the assistant immediately informed me it was water damaged, because the indicator on the battery (next to the three copper connections) showed that the phone had been damaged by water.

As far as I am aware it has never been damp - or wet - other than being hit by a couple of raindrops as it was used in the rain.

The odd thing is that the keypad went dead a few weeks ago and then after removing the battery it came back - so I am not convinced.

However - vodafone will not repair or replace the handset for water damage - coincidentally! I did not take out the extortion they call insurance so it looks like I may have a problem getting a replacement - I will post when I know more.

dave
I had this happen with a non-BB cellphone; insurance didn't cover it. (Insurance: the only product known to man where you pay, pay and pay - and THEN find out IF you actually have coverage when you need it! And if you do, they either jack your rates or drop you like a hot rock. Might as well self-insure.....)
Offline   Reply With Quote