View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 04:17 AM   #1
krzybrian187

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Camera keeps taking pictures even with battery pull

Please Login to Remove!

hey guys, i've spent pretty much all night trying to figure out y my BB has been acting up. I actually just got this last sunday, and i absolutely LOVE this phone. Over the last couple days, i've had a few problems, the latest being the one that broke the camel's back. the model # is the blackberry 8130 from sprint.

About two days ago, i woke up and my radio was off, and so i had missed quite a few important calls.....no biggie, seemed like an isolated incident.

The next day, i charged my phone to 100%, and went to bed, 6 hours later, i woke up to find my phone at 30% battery life.....read up online,, and determined it was a memory leak, and so a battery pull seemed to solve that problem.....the same day, i found none of my calls were ringing. At first i thought i had it on silent because I was at work, but i found out it was on the loudest setting, even when i went to advanced options under profiles, it wouldn't even play the ring tone when i would scroll over it...once again a battery pull seemed to solve the problem.

Now today, i noticed a couple times while I was in the middle of a call, the camera would turn on by itself and take a picture.....At first, i figured it was just me being clumsy and hitting the camera button on the side by accident. However, about 6 hours ago, no matter what i do now, my camera turns on by itself and takes pictures...and there was no way to turn it off. It took pictures all the way until my memory was full, and than it says "memory full, save or cancel" at which point I am able to close the camera, but as soon as I close the camera, it automatically turns it back on and starts taking pictures again. Also am not able to power down using the power down button. A battery pull unfortunately did not solve this problem for me. it is killing me as I cannot even touch my phone as it will automatically turn the camera on and start taking pictures.

any help would be appreciated...i'm leaning towards...defective model?

also, is there a way to add contacts to your phone without first typing in the phone # and than going "add to address book"? it seems like it's a pretty long process compared with other phones, also if that IS the only way to do it, any way to get it to save the # to Mobile instead of Work? it's annoying having to re type the phone # into Mobile, and than deleting it from Work.

sorry if this message does not make complete sense...i am on 6 hours straight of trying to fix my blackberry and trying to get it to shut off, while dealing with the annoying Click of the camera shutter sound ever 4 seconds while it takes pictures of my damn feet...lol

once again, thx in advance for your help guys.
Offline   Reply With Quote