cjsasl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Koodo
Thumbs up Re: 10.2 problem encountered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
Great to hear. I would suspect it was an App that was corrupted and a reload gave it a clean reload.

As for the direct to the anserwing service, you should check this link just in case its a simple setting. Depending on the service it is possible to do a "call forward all"

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
I did figure out the calls going straight to my answering machine problem, I just went into my mobile network settings and under Network Technology I had LTE/HSPA+/UMTS option selected and I change that to HSPA+/UMTS and now everything works fine.

After looking into it a little deeper I found that when somebody calls my number the Koodo network or my phone is supposed to switch from LTE to HSPA so the call can come through to my phone and I can answer, there is a glitch in the system somewhere and it is not always switching from LTE which causes it to go right straight to my answering machine. This is an issue with the BB10, SG 4, Nexus 5 & some iPhone's apparently.

Anyway I just thought I would post my fix for you here in case you have another BlackBerry user on here with the same problem then you'll know what to tell him to do to fix it. And that they should also call his/her provider to open a ticket so they can contact them when and the issue is resolved and they can be informed so he/she can go back and set their Network Technology setting to LTE.

Thanks again for everything tsac I am really appreciated all your help.

Last edited by cjsasl; 12-11-2013 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: correct sentence structure
Offline   Reply With Quote