View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 12:29 PM   #3
alexsch8

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

First of, thank you for your reply.

Service went out at around 10am yesterday and came back on for that device at around 7pm. Nothing was done to the device besides the reboot and wireless off/on earlier in the day. It just turned itself back on.

While the BES is not sync'ing, it is still possible to use the BIS function to send and receive with no delay whatsoever.

The way I understand the BES system is that the BES detects a new message and forwards it to RIM using the SRP and RIM then delivers the message to the device.

RIM reports that the BB device is connecting to the server. The last connect time is never more than 20 minutes. Even the forwarding time states that messages were recently forwarded but still no messages arrive till much later (I'm talking hours later). Also the amount of pending messages is 0 or a real low number but there should be a lot more pending messages since nothing has been forwarded. This user receives easily a 100 or more messages a day.

The main thing I need to determine is whether the problem is from the BES to RIM or from RIM to the BB device. Since the BIS works from RIM to the BB device I figured it must be from the BES to RIM. But maybe the BIS doesn't use encryption keys and BES does and the problem is there. Establishing a secure connection to RIM...

I'm just throwing out a bunch of guesses.

Alex