Old 02-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT&Verizon
Default I Like My Playbook, But...

Please Login to Remove!

Well, I've had my 64G Playbook for several weeks now and had a chance to use many of its' features. I've even learned how to thumb type on its' virtual keyboard. The browser is really fast. Screen display is outstanding. Email is good, as BlackBerry email always is. Downloading and reading books is easy to do and easy on the eyes. I especially like the paper simulation of white background and black type. Battery life is good. The back facing camera takes good images. In short, it is a good product.

But there are some holes. I'm told by customer service there is no way to import browser bookmarks/favorites as a group. Contacts and calendar can only be imported from a web/cloud based source; again per customer service. The designers apparently never considered someone would buy a Playbook who didn't have a Blackberry smartphone because Bridge takes care of these deficiencies as long as you want to use them together.

There are other things like editing the dictionary and spelling autocorrect that I haven't figured out yet. Web site instructions are muddy at best and the "free" customer service is so bad and so time consuming I hate the thought of calling them.

In short at the Amazon price the 64G Playbook is, in my opinion, a good device and a good value. But, the designers apparently had a whole different mind set than what one would expect and. if my experience is any guide, web site and live customer service is very poor.

When reading remember that, like mates, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Offline   Reply With Quote