Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry Cool View Post
Hey guys,

The SD card issue is as follows:
essentially Zumobi installs itself to the first drive that appears when it does it's pathway check. You obviously don't want it on your SD card, but if your SD card comes up before Zumobi recognizes the BlackBerry memory, it kind of does a half-and-half install, which is why you get caught at the home screen.

This happens randomly upon install, but to make sure it doesn't, just take out your SD card before install. Zumobi is working to fix the issue in future revisions.

For those that have had the problem, you have to delete the app, clear your BlackBerry's RMS via desktop manager, and re-install. Lame, I know, but not that much of a big deal.

Also, Zumobi is giving away Amazon gift certificates via our site, so go check it out (it's the top story right now).
So they didn't even bother to test the product on a standard setup? If they can't even do a simple thing like actually test the software install on a real device with a SD card installed, they clearly don't take this seriously.

That said, I did try to go to their site. From work, it's blocked as a "gaming" site. From home, I get to the home page, but clicking on something (like "gallery" or "get it now") fails with "The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server." Been like for 2 days now.

Considering that this product doesn't do much unique, can't be installed reliably, has a non-functioning web site, and appears to take up much more memory than the value of what it delivers, I have to wonder why all the excitement. The chance at $50? Ah.
Offline   Reply With Quote