rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Strictly personal preferences:

Better phone: Treo
External storage: Treo
Better software selection: Treo
Camera: Treo, just barely! (the Treo's camera is so bad it barely counts as one)
Better email: Blackberry
Better calander: Blackberry
Better contacts list: Blackberry
Better SMS: Blackberry

A lot changed with the Blackberry OS 4 upgrade. Viewing pictures and other attachments (like spreadsheets) was one major reason I was flip-flopping between my Treo 600 and Blackberry 7730. Now the Blackberry handles them with aplomb! I find the overwhelming advantage in sheer number of software titles the Treo enjoys really doesn't mean anything to me. With IM for Blackberry (I'm using the free T-Mobile version from another BB model) the last thing I couldn't get for my 'berry is now a done deal. The way the Blackberry works is certainly unique and takes some getting used to if you are coming over from a different platform. But once you get used to that little scroll wheel you start to wonder when the Treos will encorporate one, it works so well.

I thought I would go back to the Treo platform with the release of the 650, but I find it quite dissapointing. The same old crappy camera, virtually unusable on my 600, no WiFi that I hoped for, and the memory issues. Look at the TreoCentral forums and the number of complaints for bugs (constant resetting, anyone?) makes me glad to have a Blackberry instead. My only complaint about a missing feature on the Blackberry is the lack of a SD slot. Yeah, I know all about the Blackberry general philosophy about security, and how so many customers are government agencies and simply can't have a device with memory cards, but why not a model for us civvies with the option for a built in memory card? I'm gonna whine about the SD card slot thing until they put one in, or something better comes along.