View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
blackout626
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
PIN: 28CDFBCB
Carrier: AT&T
Default Does Theme Size Affect Performance?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I've tried searching for this topic in the forums but haven't found any answers.

Let's say I have two themes... Theme A weighs in at 320kb and Theme B at 1.2mb. For my question, please assume that both themes are installed in my phone at the same time (taking up approximately 1.5mb of my device memory).

Would my phone's free device memory differ depending on which theme I was currently using? Would it be using more memory to run Theme B because it's heavier?

Also would there be a difference in my phone's performance (i.e lag, slower response times, more hourglass/clock icons...) if I was actually running the 1.2mb theme instead of the 320kb theme?

I read somewhere that the phone would lag more if the theme it was using utilized custom icons instead of the default OS icons. I noticed that my phone seemed to lag more after installing and running a 2mb theme. But I wasn't sure if it was the theme that was slowing it down or possible another application I may have installed. Does anybody out there know the answer to this?

Thanks in advance!
Offline   Reply With Quote