Old 07-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
Imcrackedout
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
I've read other reviews saying the same thing, but I've had NO issues with the plastic holster, and I've been using it since Saturday. It works like a charm for me!

But just for fun, I compared the Defender-clad 9700 to my previous BlackBerries, to see what the size was like. And I noticed that it's similar in size to my old 8700g. So last night, I pulled out a generic (non-RIM) leather belt pouch that I had picked up a few years ago for my 8700g. Opened it up, tried it out... and the Otter Box-clad 9700 fits in it PERFECTLY! The magnet for "Holster Mode" is even in the correct place!

So, if worse comes to worse, I'll just start using that leather pouch instead. I'll post pictures of it later on, in case anyone else that's using the Otter Box Defender wants to try and find one. This pouch was readily available a few years ago, but I don't know how hard it would be to find one today.
That's good to hear! I have been looking for a nice leather case to hold the cladded 9700.
I know you happy now, but as time goes by every time you sit witjh the case on you hip it will slowly weaken the ears and it will break.
Offline   Reply With Quote