eldiener
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Not receiving text messages from web sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Another thought, going back to tsac's idea. Here's a test. Pick a contact that you are receiving. Delete them from your address book. Do a hard reset (remove the battery for a moment with the power on). Have your friend send you a text. See if you receive or not. Let's assume you don't receive it. Add the friend back to your address book. Do a hard reset. Have friend send a text again.

If you do the test and you don't receive the text when you don't have the friend in your address book, then tsac is on the money as far as what is happening. The questions will then be why, and how to correct it.

As far as AT&T, I don't think you mentioned before that they are going to look at it. Did they create a ticket, and perhaps give you a ticket number? I agree, though, give them the 5 days.
As far as your test is concerned: I am a programmer and have been working on a program which sends AT commands directly to a phone number and receives text messages from that phone number. The program has no problems doing so with my cellphone even though the program's "phone number" is not in my address book.

As far as AT&T is concerned they did not give me a ticket number. The actual problem that they promised to get back to me about within 5 days is that I can no longer login to my wireless acount online because it now requires sending a text code to the customer's wireless phone, which I do not receive. They stated that I was not the only one negatively affected by this new functionality which they recently added to their online login process. A previous call about the general problem of not getting text messages from a website, including theirs, was "elevated" according to them but there was no promise by them to get back to me about it.
Offline   Reply With Quote