eldiener
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Not receiving text messages from web sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
I've received the same emails (for Yahoo email, AT&T email hosted by Yahoo, and Bellsouth email hosted by Yahoo). So far as I can tell, what triggered these notices is a record of accessing the Yahoo email servers via BlackBerry or BlackBerry device. And it is just a thing with Yahoo email. (My mobile carrier is T-Mobile.)

As far as the OP, if it were me and I could live without the text messages from the web services that are not being received, or if there is a workaround, I think I would try and avoid reloading the OS. I guess it would depend what and how much data is on the BlackBerry and only on the BlackBerry. But on the other hand, not being able to backup and restore is a disaster waiting to happen, and should be mitigated ASAP.
I can use the Blackberry Desktop Software Windows application to backup my Blackberry data to my computer's hard drive. I choose to backup everything, but I am not sure this include all my Blackberry data. When I click on Media Options I get the message "A problem occurred while attempting to connect to your Blackberry device" even though the application is clearly connected to my Blackberry Torch 9810 and I am able to backup my 'full' data. So does this mean that everything is actually backed up and can be restored, including all my contacts, calendar information, media files, and applications, including my icon setup ?

The question then is if I should try:

1) Resetting the device and then restoring all my data
2) Reinstalling the OS and then restoring all my data
3) Just reinstall the OS

The link to the latest OS, from http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...languages.html shows a release that is actually less recent than the current release I have on the Blackberry Torch 9810, even though it claims to be the latest release, which seems odd to me. My current release says '7.1 Bundle 2061 (v7.1.0.714, Platform 5.1.0.532' and the release in the link above says 7.0.0.2406 which looks clearly earlier than my present release.

So you can see with my not being sure all my data, applications, and icon positions are restorable from my 'full' backup, and my not being sure that the so-called latest OS for my device is actually better than what I have currently installed, that I am really reticent to make drastic changes and lose my current Torch 9810 functionality.
Offline   Reply With Quote