View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 05:09 PM   #8
goblue1969
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100t
Carrier: verizon

Update:

After many phone calls to T-Mobile and RIM, the only solution that worked was to use javaloader to wipe my 7100t and reload from scratch. Very painful, but at least I had my address book back and wireless synch was enabled.

All was well until this morning. For some reason, all of my contacts disappeared again. I spent about 30 minutes trying to troubleshoot before succumbing to the painful wipe process. After using javaloader to wipe the 7100t, reloading the 4.0 OS, and going through a loooong enterprise activation, I went into my address book and.......nothing. No contacts at all. I went into address book options and the option entitled "Wireless Synchronization" was missing.

Back on the phone with T-Mobile. One of their PDA Group "experts" asked me to delete all of the service books that begin with Desktop (there are 6). I did so and then reregisterd via Host Routing Table. Once all of the service books were downloaded to my 7100, I rechecked the address book options. Eureka!! The Wireless Synchronization option was back. Dammit!!! Still no contacts in my address book....and no synching taking place. I figured that some patience was in order, so I took care of a couple of emails. I went back into the address book and still no contacts. On a whim, I looked in address book options and, you guessed it, the Wireless Synch option mysteriously disappeared. I contacted my BES admin and he assured me that my profile was set up for wireless synch of address book, calendar, etc.

I am completely at a loss. Any ideas? Any guesses why the wireless synch option is gone from my Address Book Options?

BTW...I tried Knocka's suggestion of setting Wireless Synch from Yes to No to Yes (before Wireless Synch completely disappeared) and it did not work for me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.