Old 09-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
ThomasWillNot

Model: KEY 1
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Default BlackBerry Synchronization

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I am trying to get my calendar all synchronized between my BlackBerry and computer.

I did have it working between my BlackBerry and Microsoft Outlook. I noticed that my events were all linked to Facebook by default, and so I changed my default CICAL service to my school e-mail address because I thought it might be better to trust my school's servers over Facebook ones privacy-wise, and diversify my portfolio instead of handing all information in my life over to one organization. But perhaps I am putting too much thought into this.

It is still convenient for my actual Facebook events I am invited to through Facebook to be synchronized with my BlackBerry / Microsoft Outlook for reminders &c.

Is there a way to allow Facebook events to synchronize with my BlackBerry without making them my default service for every event I make on my phone or computer, or am I just over-complicating things?

I also apparently have changed my contacts service, and it says this could result in duplicate contacts, which scares me, because I don't want my contacts messed up!

I have a screenshot, but it failed to upload even though I am using a supported format which is far below the maximum limit of 1 MB (a 300-kB PNG!)

Thanks,
Thomas

Last edited by ThomasWillNot; 09-02-2014 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: screenshot upload
Offline   Reply With Quote