View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 04:25 AM   #1
tray

Model: Passp
PIN: N/A
Carrier: BSNL
Exclamation Unable to install BB Link in Windows 7

Please Login to Remove!

I am unable to install Blackberry Link, either independently with the file 123_b055multilanguage.exe or as a component of the Link-Blend-drivers 'Desktop' bundle with the file BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59.

When I try with the stand-alone file (first one), the process rolls back after almost reaching the end. Sometimes, I get a pop-up message from "PeerManager.exe" stating that "libxpmux.dll" is missing.

A web search revealed that the .exe is part of the Blackberry software and the dll error can be corrected by downloading and installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. On the Microsoft download page, there were two file options - .x64.exe and .x86 exe. Since my laptop is a 32-bit Windows 7 machine, I thought .x86 might be the right one. I downloaded and installed it. Then tried to install Link again, but it failed to install once again.

Help would be really appreciated. My Passport is in very bad condition. I need to back it up, and then reinstall the OS urgently.

Thanks in advance!
Offline   Reply With Quote