Old 12-29-2007, 12:27 PM   #13
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorangeman View Post
I wish I could get mini opera to download because if it allowed me to access the site that I use with work, I would keep the device. However, I've tried over and over to install it and no such luck.

I tried one more time this morning after reading the replies that it can be installed directly from the phone. This is what I did:

1. Went directly to www.operamini.com
2. Clicked on the download link (which is in a red box)
3. Followed the instructions by doing the following - chose my download method which in this case was download to phone. Therefore, I clicked on the download to phone link. Then I did steps 2 and 3 by choosing my manufacturer as well as phone model. This took me to step 4 which is where I keep getting stuck. I get instructions about going directly to http://mini.opera.com and clicking on download opera mini. However, when I do this, I repeat the process all over. When I follow the instructions labeled "Download Instructions" and choose my preferred language and then click on the file to transfer directly to my pda (which is labeled opera-mini-advanced.zip), I get the error message that "The item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item?" I selected yes but nothing happens after that.

I've also tried clicking on the link "opera mini4" and I get an error message that the "Handler could not be removed".

I'm really at a loss here. I've tried this over and over and keep gettting the same results. Is there something that I'm doing wrong???
Open your blackberry browser ... Goto http://mini.opera.com ... Remember that this does not have a www in front of it. The Top Link say's Download Opera Mini (US English) ... Click this link! ... A dialogue box will open that say's mini.jad and you will see a button below that say's (Download) or (Cancel) .. Click Download .. You will be good to go! (I just followed these steps while typing this how to on a Verizon BB8830)
Offline   Reply With Quote