Old 04-29-2008, 11:46 PM   #1
patrickd26

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: alltel
Default Exchange Activesync Admin considering the switch

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,
I administer an exchange 2007 SP1 box along with 20+ PalmOS and windows mobile users. I have a lot of folks requesting a BES server and am ALWAYS open to providing new services for our users.

My question revolves around administration of BES. I've gone through a LOT of posts on this forum and there just seems to be so many crazy issues that i've never encountered on palm and WM devices. The biggest issue i deal with is getting our signed certification installed on a device halfway across the country. I have it down to under a few minutes of instructions over the phone.

I'm reading a lot of issues on items not synchronizing, activation issues, etc. It sounds like a whole new world of problems. I know it can't be that bad because BES has a strong presence in the corporate world. I'm just curious from an Admin perspective if you would recommend letting BES into your Exchange 2007 environment knowing what you know today? Am i overeacting?

I was actually pretty excited about researching the possibility of supporting BB devices. It seems like the phone users are MUCH happier than my treo users. However, once i got to the admin forum i immediately noticed many more issues than what i see on the Exchange activesync forum. maybe it's just me.

I'm curious what your thoughts are. I want to make it work, but i don't want this to become a part time job, either. I want to "set it and forget it" like I've been able to do with activesync.

Thoughts?
Offline   Reply With Quote