View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 10:03 PM   #40
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

My Curve STILL has no dust, despite my best efforts to stow it in dusty, linty pockets, in the cup holder in my car (and when you have kids then you *know* the cup holders will have all *sorts* of stuff in them, including dust, paper scraps, crayons melted from being in the sun, bits of old Wendy's french fries, etc), in a jacket pocket (linty), in my backpack (sometimes linty), on the rug (when I'm too tired to get up off the floor to watch TV) and on my blanket (when I fall asleep when browsing the web on the BB browser).

No dust, and I've pounded the stuffing out of this 8300 for months.

I believe that the folks who report dust problems with 83xx's do, in fact, have these problems. But I also know from personal experience, and other posts here, that the dust problem is not, by any means, universal.

Ergo there IS variability in the way these buggers are assembled. Following a bit of logic, this tells us a few things:

1) I might be lying, and all the other people who claim to not have dust problems might also be lying.

2) I might be telling the truth (and I believe that I am), and some portion (from 1 to all) of the other folks out there who report no dust problems might also be telling the truth.

3) The Dust People might have hallucinated and imagined the entire Dust Issue (although I doubt that) -- or it may be another case for the next edition of "Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds". But...I suspect it's more likely that some people are, indeed, having dust intrusion problems with their Curves.

4) Where I'm really trying to go with this (which is difficult, owing to my exhaustion right about now) is that, for the benefit of the folks who have HAD dust problems with one or more Curves, it is NOT a given that the next one you try will also have a dust problem. (whew!)

BTW: My cats won't fight your cats OR dogs. One of my cats has become, essentially, a 15 lb black furry meatloaf, spending 90% of each day asleep, and other is a totally schized out cream colored tabby who grew up feral, and generally avoids having anything else that's alive touch it. So...all your cats and dogs are safe (and all your base are belong to us). But - if we're having a contest, then I'm pretty confident that My Cat can freak out in a paranoid fashion better than yours can!!! (nyah nyah).
Offline   Reply With Quote