View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 10:36 AM   #11
cschrage
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: TMO

I kept getting an event message that was driving me nuts...

"The description for Event ID ( 20000 ) in Source ( BlackBerry Router ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: [DEVICE_SESSION:201B9218:01195400]
Timer Event. Exceeded service authentication timeout. No authenticated services. Releasing session.."

Here is RIM's reponse...

This error means for the BlackBerry Router could not authenticate your SRP identifier and authentication key for some reason, therefore the session timed out. There is no cause for a concern because the BlackBerry Router would automatically re-establish the SRP connection. Is the status of your BlackBerry Enterprise Server "Running"?

My response....Yes, Running...green status

Final response from RIM...

If the BlackBerry Enterprise Server is running, the error messages may be indicative of a temporary network problem which interfered with the connection to the SRP Host. If the issue persists, I would suggest setting up network monitoring to monitor the traffic to srp.na.blackberry.net.