View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
rugmankc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell
Default Saving Default Calendar

Please Login to Remove!

Choosing Calendar/Select calendar on my 8900 gives me three choices of calendars I have associated with the email addresses on my phone. I use only the one which is my default calendar per Default Services under Advanced Options. When I first bring up the Show All Calendars under Calendar/Select Calendar, no calendar is selected. I have to select the calendar I want, and there is no save option. So, when I exit out of the phones calendar and then go back into the calendar, no one calendar is selected, and I have to reselect again.

The reason this is a problem is that I use Nice Office to sync the 8900's calendar with my calendar on their web page. To input an event on the web site and have it sync with the phone, the phone needs to have the default calendar selected. Since the phone will not hold the selection under Show All Calendars, the sync won't take place. Inputting from the phone to the webpage is no issue.

So, I need to find out how to save the calendar I select under the Show All Options so it is always selected.

A note: The sync from web to phone works fine if I select my calendar and input events from the web. But, once I exit the calendar, I would have to reselect the calendar before inputting new events. Hope this all makes sense.

Is this a phone issue or carrier issue? Nice Office says a Carrier Issue.

Thanks,

Ken

Last edited by rugmankc; 12-30-2009 at 05:28 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote