Old 12-05-2009, 02:48 AM   #16
drskinner
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
It's a fact. An unlocked BlackBerry will work with any provider that supports it. If they have BlackBerry data plans (not generic plans - they won't help) then you can get email/internet/BB Messenger once you have one of those plans on your account. One of the cool things about BlackBerrys is that their very much carrier-agnostic. You can load the OS from AT&T onto a T-Mobile BlackBerry with no problems.
Thanks Rambo! A secondary question.... I'll try to phrase it as accurately as possible:

As mentioned, I currently have BIS registered with Rogers. When I move to the Caribbean, to keep BB services enabled, am I required to keep BIS with Rogers (while possibly de-activating voice and other features to reduce costs)?

If I were to have to do this, I'd be paying CAN $15/month (currently I just use the unlimited emails plan) with Rogers plus the monthly cost of Data & Voice for a plan in the Caribbean. However, if I didn't have to keep BIS with Rogers, I could save the $15/month.

Rambo: Are you familiar with Digicel? By generic plan do you mean simple Voice & SMS plan?

Last edited by drskinner; 12-05-2009 at 02:57 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote