View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #17
toddz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

As a very happy owner of many different BlackBerry devices, I find that the 9700 constantly disappoints me. I don't know if it is hardware (doubtful) , software (most likely), or T-Mobiles network (maybe) but I encounter all kinds of tiny but annoying issues. The top 2 are the following.

1. Sometimes GPS can't find location even when standing outside. I like location based services and games. Waiting walking in circles while the 9700 figures out it's coordinates is mind boggling. What is worse is sometimes it simply never finds the location until I am miles away.

2. On a call, the 9700 drops from 3G-->EDGE-->GPRS which just means no data while on the call which might not be important anyway. However, with one firmware release (maybe 993) while on the call it would attempt to switch away from GPRS which resulted in brief moments of static every 10 seconds or so.

Oh and for the removal of the microSD, just slip a small piece of paper under the card and it should slide out easy. The problem is that the battery guide has a small upward lip which sticks with the bottom edge of the card if downward pressure is applied while removing it. Seems like just a simple design oversight. Also remember that the microSD slot is spring loaded. Not thinking one time, I used enough force to just pull it out. I have no idea if that did any damage.

toddz