View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
Megkins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default AT&T doesn't replace the battery, only the entire handset?

Please Login to Remove!

I have a week old Bold (I had one before for about a year) and the battery on this one drains extremely fast. It will go completely dead in under 8 hours. I have the latest OS, no apps are running in the background (besides the ones that have to--I keep checking by pulling up app switcher), and I don't have low memory. I know this isn't right because I've had a Bold before and it would last for 2 or 3 days. I am borrowing my friend's battery to see if this really is the issue, BUT in the meantime I called my rep (because my phone was ordered through work) and asked if they could replace the battery. He claims they can't just replace the battery, that they will only replace the whole handset since they can't be sure the battery is the problem.

Will AT&T really only replace the entire device and battery, and not just replace the battery?

If I do determine the battery is the problem I guess I'll just have to buy one myself (which is messed up because it's brand new), or if there is a bigger problem I am pretty screwed because I replaced my trackball with a black one so the phone has been opened which I guess voids the warranty.
Offline   Reply With Quote