View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #20
Edtek
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9300
PIN: REQUEST
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

[QUOTE=RedSoxTicket;1134172]Logged on PC with admin rights, downloaded zip jl_cmder file to a folder I named "JL_LDRfolder", then double clicked this downloaded zip file resulting in file that was an application file. I then went to the resulting desktop icon, right clicked, selected run as administrator from the drop down, then selected properties and change the target as you suggested above (see bold below) Note that is a radio button called advanced in the properties of the shortcut icon which I open and notice something regarding administrator that was unchecked and grayed out, I was not able to check that box. Remember that I signed on as admin.[.quote]

Just because you login with admin privs in Vista doesn't mean you have them. You must manually right click on the file and "Install as Administrator"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxTicket View Post
%PROGRAMFILES%\JL_Cmder\JL_Cmder.cmd

to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\JL_Cmder\JL_Cmder.cmd"
Only do this if you are using the 64 bit version of Windows Vista. If not, just leave the path as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxTicket View Post
This modification resulted in a invalid path. Aslso there is a box called "START IN" that had %PROGRAMFILES%\JL_Cmder in the field but since I got the invalid path statement this does not matter for now.
I searched for a directory called Program Files (x86) but it doesn' exit.

I suspect for now that your edition of Vista that is Ultimate creates this directoy and recognizes to download this type of file to this directory.
No, it has to do with 32 bit vs 64 bit. You are using the 32bit version, and you really should not have any issues if you install it the way I told you above.

I don't know of any issues running it by default settings under your version of Windows Vista.
Offline   Reply With Quote