View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 09:41 PM   #76
flg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: P910
Default Nokia E61 BB, Microsoft ActiveSync and POP EMail

Just changed from my RIM 8700G and Nokia 9300i to E61 for general usage.

The Nokia E61 works very well with Microsoft ActiveSync and our Corporate MS Exchange email via the Nokia client. Calendar and Email set-up and usage was simplistic. I also enabled the BB Connect client and access our Corporate MS Exchange with it - works equally as well for email. Have not tried the calendar function since MS ActiveSync is doing such.

Also, have used the POP email along with ActiveSync and BB connect and all work very well - all live concurrently. The E61 has been very stable with all the software I've used. I'm using it with TMobile in the USA.

The E61 is a wonderful device as compared to my 8700G in terms of screen displays, phone quality and other program features. I really like the main screen with the coposite display of key programs, new emails and calendar.

The E61 is significantly faster for email and www browsing than my Nokia 9300i.

I prefer the elegence and user interface of the Nokia 9300i but it is quite slow in comparison with the E61. Really miss the FAX feature and other commands related to select all emails, emailing WWW pages and such. Maybe they include such in a future firmware upgrade?

So far - so good - we'll see in a week! Maybe one of the best BB alternatives until the SE P990 arrives but no WiFi on it!

FLG>>>