lovescakemix
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
PIN: 2800d27f
Carrier: tmobile
Default Re: Trouble Downloading Firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
It is nonsense. Most, if not all Anti-Virus software will advise you that the file you are attempting to download may be harmful. Do you want to do it anyways.

After the file has been downloaded and you open it, you will get another warning. This file...blah blah blah....usually get the option to open in some type of sandbox environment or cancel the pending action(s) Files get tagged by various AV software all the time. Also, I notice from your post that you got a big honking notification about that file.

There is no way you can download a 245MB file and have it just disappear into the ether.
i didnt get any notification. but im not an idiot and been doing this for a long time, norton scanned and removed the file silently without any notification. i had to open nortons to see what i showed you. I downloaded it like any other file and told google chrome to keep it. when the file was done i opened it on the bottom of chrome like always but instead of opening it said the file was removed. im just saying that nortons removed the file by itself, without any dialogs i could of prevented it from happening. and if someone doesnt know anything about computers it could confuse them, thinking it was placed in the wrong folder.
Offline   Reply With Quote