View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #16
MaxPayne79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 2165f8ed
Carrier: Fido

i have 24 apps on my phone and it's running great. Unfortunately i do run out of ram from time to time but thats only cause certain apps don't return the ram they're supposed to. Once u figure which ones, u can manually retrieve ur ram.

i have noticed that icq and msn are two apps that hog an insane amount of ram. I haven't figured out why messaging apps are so huge. BBM is 3mb. 3mb! thats insane.

honestly, and don't take this the wrong way but, if ur looking for a phone than can carry a ton of apps, i suggest the 9700. Im actually thinking of changing up my phone...which hurts deep down inside cause me and my 9000 have been through a lot. now im gonna trade her in for a better version.

no matter how awesome the bold is. it's just outdated. Rim OSs are getting larger, apps are getting more sophisticated and the phone is just not able to keep up largely to its ram limitations. My B-day is coming up in april and i think i know what my gf is gonna get me ;)

However (i just clued in to what ur original question was), i could not go back to 4.6. Too slow...is my main complaint. And too ugly compared to 5.0. When it comes to the apps, i can always get rid of certain ones that i can live without...sort of.

And the new .509 update is pretty pimpin. Made the date too damn small but, hopefully enough people will b*tch and they'll fix it.