View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 07:38 AM   #2
sdetweil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthateme13 View Post
Hey jsut curious tonight i lost my curve which is no big deal but my memory card had alot of pictures that i would NOT like falling into otheres hands.

I had encryption mode set to on on the curve for the memory card however two days ago i inserted the memory card into my computer to see if it worked and i was able to access the files without a problem.

My question is if encryption mode is set to on can someone who found the phone access the contents of the memory card?

It has a password so once the enter in the incorrect pass code 7 times it will wipe the handheld. Again i could really care less about the phone but the memory card had ALOT of pictures that im scared will fall into the wrong hands.

Encryption mode is on
mass media storage mode is on
and Content protection is on

Thanks in advance.
found this on Blackberrytips.com
What is Content Protection? - BlackBerry Tips
When you enable content protection on your BlackBerry, the BlackBerry will encrypt data that it determines to be sensitive, e.g. emails, browser cache, address book entries etc.

I think the media card is not included in the 'sensitive data' list. Your tests seem to confirm that. You can't store email or attachments on the card from the BB itself.

Sam
Offline   Reply With Quote