falcontrainer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintlySins View Post
Additional observation;
When typing in Landscape mode, (personal favorite), there's a noticeable gap between the two sides of the keyboard running right down the middle. If I reach across the middle line when typing (right to left/vice-versa), I'm bound to get a wrong key. After studying this a little more, I realize the phone's been programmed for you to "short-the-key" (my own definition) when typing as you're fingers touch the screen in a slightly different place than your eye shows you - because your fingers are rounded and contact isn't quite where you visualize it to be.
I hope I've explained this well enough. If you "landscape" type, you'll see what I mean if you try and speed-type across the middle of the keyboard from the opposite end. This could explain some of the continued complaints from those who hunt-and-peck -vs- those who thumb-type with both thumbs.

I'll post this on both Key-Board threads running.
Hope it helps.
I noticed this a couple days ago when I was at work. I thought I was going crazy at first until I had the same issues later that day browsing (while driving) So if nothing else I have definetly cut down on my phone time while driving which is a good thing.... I guess..
Offline   Reply With Quote