Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
Thank you for the quick response

Update: It puts me at 0,0 lat/lon on all my locations lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
OK, thanks for the tip on the AT&T/AT&T fix. I got the file to load in Google Maps (desktop browser version), but there is something wrong with the GPS coordinates... it's sticking my cell towers in the Atlantic Ocean, just off the coast of Africa (south of Ghana and west of Gabon), instead of in the Phoenix AZ metro area...

I have also verified that this explains the issue that I mentioned above with regard to getting nothing on my Google Maps app on the my 8310. If I zoom out on the 8310 Google Maps, I eventually see the same thing - a cell tower in the middle of the Atlantic off the coast of Africa.
Not reading the Readme I guess.
Only CDMA networks provide cell site location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
I have one other request. Could you either rearrange the menu for exporting the cell towers to move the EXPORT ALL TO FILE away from DELETE ALL and/or add a confirmation prior to deleting all? More than one time I have wiped out my list of cell towers by being 'too quick' on the menu.
Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avernar View Post
I was only looking at the saved cell site data which didn't have what I wanted (no location). Just looked at the saved location data and you did include the cell tower and signal strength in each location. Perfect!

A nice to have would be an option to save the location every X amount of minutes in addition to the existing distance. If you haven't moved the specified distance in that time it would take another location snapshot and reset the timer. If you have moved the distance then the timer would reset to 0 again.

This way you could average out the signal strength at a location and remove any anomalous readings.
That makes sense. I'll add the option.
Offline   Reply With Quote