View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #7
gadders

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

The solution from Bill from the Blackberry Support Community Forum has sorted this problem. It was nothing to do with changing the length of vibrations, reducing the level of volume, etc. There was a fundamental issue with something eating my battery.

I basically reset the device and observed over a 6hour period that only 15% of the battery had gone. So what was different? The only thing I can think of was the installation of the 50 or so sounds from the BB Bold which I downloaded and put into the /Device/home/user/ringtones folder. I know this sounds crazy but (apart from all my data that was previously transferred from my BB 9000) there was essentially no difference.

After I had used the transfer wizard to move the contents of my Bold 9000 to the Torch 9800, everything worked fine for a couple of days. So it wasnt the transfer process.

All the other programs (Facebook, Twitter, etc) have now all been re-installed and I'm getting the decent level of battery life stated on the official website.

If anyone else sees similar battery life (loss of 10% in an hour) then I suggest a re-install; there is probably something that you've installed that has affected the battery life.

Top tip : I will now be employing an approach of backing up before installing any additional application, and if I see anything affecting battery life, restoring the previous version.
Offline   Reply With Quote