View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #1
potvinwannab

Model: 7100T
Default Why do people choose blackberries?

Please Login to Remove!

Ever since i walked into radio shack 5 or 6 years ago (im not sure of exactly when) and saw a blackberry i always wondered why anyone would choose it, I mean they are astonishingly expensive dont have touch screens, or good screens at that (small little things) and unlike palm or pocket pc phones are low on extra features. How good could the web surfing on a blackberry possibly be? These things look like overpriced smartphones, what compelles people to buy a pda phone that doesnt have 1)third party software (thunderhawk even allows pocket pc phones full web viewing) 2)a large viewable screen(ppc phones and treos both have beautiful high resolution displays) 3)a stylus/ touch screen, isnt it hard to navigate without it, having to probably press a button multiple times to find what your looking for, must be time consuming

Ofcourse ive never owned or really been interavtive with a blackberry, so from what i see they look like overpriced wnna be smart phones that fail to be as feature packed as ppc phones (I mean some people were even sayin a blackberry beats out an mda, wich is literally impossible) so could someone give me the scoop on these blackberries and why you would choose one as aposed to a powerful ppc? even though they are around the same price (I might even get on if i like what i hear)