View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #52
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria
Default Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

I'm currently using a 8320 and would like to move up to a newer device. I really like the overall form factor of the Curve -- not too small, and not too big, fits well in my hand when I'm on a call, or using it to type text/email/web browsing. I also prefer the spaced-out Curve keyboards than the ones found on the Bold. Tried a 9700 before, but I guess I was just more accustomed to the Curve one.

So, I was quite excited to hear about RIM coming out with the 9300 line. But when I saw the specs, I was left wondering what's going on? The screen resolution on the 9300 is worse than the one found on the 8900. The camera on the 9300 (2.0MP, fixed focus, no flash) is also worse than my old device. One would think that a newer device would come with improvements. But it doesn't seem to be the case. What gives?

I know it's not really RIM's fault, but in terms of apps, it seems that the iPhones and Androids are getting all the attention right now. Sometimes I see something and think to myself "oh it'd be nice if they had an app for that. Oh wait they do. Just not for BlackBerry."
Offline   Reply With Quote