View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
EricScott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
When I use wifi I use the hotspot browser. How I do it is I open my browser, go to bookmarks page and then click on wifi hotspot log in, I get a message saying that I am connected (my home network) hit menu bookmarks again and select a page I want to go to or select 'go to' to type an address. There is a noticable speed difference.
Thanks that's helpful....not really what I wanted to hear but helpful.

So I understand the part about going to your Bookmarks and there is a "Wifi Services" folder w/ one bookmark "Wi-Fi Hotspot Login" (was on my Bold when I got it and you can't delete it). But if you then go to one of your other bookmarks, does it not load it in the default browser assigned when you created that bookmark? When I create a bookmark, there is a field called "Browser" and you have to choose one of the browsers....I usually go w/ "Internet Browser"....I guess you could have two versions of your bookmarks - one w/ Internet Browser and one w/ Hotspot Browser but that seems really impractical.

BTW, I am on BES which is I believe why I have the BlackBerry browser as well...are you on BIS?

Thanks again
Offline   Reply With Quote