View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
martinlaw

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Giffgaff
Default Re: 8520 Screen interference ?

That's not strictly true as I have owned both curve and bold devices and have experienced problems with both. My 9700 liked turning itself off randomly for instance. I am comfortable with dismantling my own device so I'm sure it would be an inexpensive repair anyway seen as the lcd screens for them are only about £10 online. The thing is, I don't particularly want "something better". I have owned "better" devices in the past such as the Bold 9900 and I had major problems with that phone including the terrible battery life and screen that gets so hot it feels as though its melting. I don't need a top of the range phone, The 8520 pushes my emails down to me, browses the internet just fine and allows me to chat on bbm with my friends and connect to wi-fi for faster browsing. So why on earth would I want to spend good money on a "new" phone when this one does everything I need it to? Seems as though everyone just wants the latest and greatest fashion accessory going! Well I'm not buying into it until this thing explodes or something! All I'm looking for is advice on wether or not to change the lcd or buy a donor phone to use the motherboard if something has gone on that of course. Anyone else have experience with 8520s having the same sort of issues ? To tell you the truth I love my phone, even though it aint the fastest, latest and greatest piece of kit it's still my beloved phone and I kind of want to save it because I know I can. Just how?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote