View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #56
half_pass
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

I had a problem with step 3. There were things left out that I needed to know...I am not a techie. I finally found a crack utility and step by step instructions that walked me through all of the process without any hitches. For those getting ready to do this or in the process of doing this, you have to have YOUR valid ATT sim card in the phone with a BB data package. Getting the passwords and username to save in the TCP/APN was the other drawback....it doesnt stay if the mobile network still connected to Verizon Wireless network. Turned it off and the apn info was there when I went back to TCP to check. Had to activate the phone though host routing table and did hard boot. Finally hit jackpot at 1 am this am...I didnt have to send BIS from Att to phone...thank goodness since 1-dont know how 2-couldnt remember my password/username and it kept saying that it was registered.
There are a lot of good things here, but please remember there are a lot of us that arent techies but are trying to learn how to do some of these things with our phones and need the spoon feeding.
Offline   Reply With Quote