View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 12:56 PM   #15
Crimson27

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

I'm in the same boat. I presently have a Treo 650 up from 600 almost 2 yrs ago. I have been looking at many new devices. I don't think I'm really interested in the Palm OS anymore, sort of anitquated unless they finally release 6.0 with the rumored 800p. The Moto Q has my interest but I'm still not 100% convinced on the OS. I hear many complaints about speed.
Now, I looked at and played around with a BB 8700r for a good hour. Although I wasn't used to no stylus, I found the thumbwheel great over time and I think I preferred it. Hell, touchscreen is great but then that exposes the screen to damage. My friend broke his Treo screen twice and is now using an armored casing from hell to save it. What's the use.
So now, I'm sitting on the fence debating on pulling the trigger on the BB 8700. I saw here that one person went from Treo to BB and is very happy. I just wonder if that's the majority? Will I miss some of the wizzbang features of my Treo or will the great features of the BB make me forget about them?